Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Recommitment

Ok, I really mean it this time. I am going to give this blogger thing a real go. I've decided to give up the "Currently Reading/Listening/Watching" capability in favor of hearing comments from unknown and unacknowledged non-xangans. So don't let me down, friends! I want to hear your thoughts, reactions, and encouragements! =) (Hm...do they not even have smileys on this thing? heh)

Let's test out the new feature: Whoever you are reading this, please drop a hello and, in honor of the lost Xanga traits, let me know what good book you've read this summer, movie you've watched, or cd you've enjoyed.

Okay, okay, I'll start:

Stranger in a Strange Land, Heinlein. Very engaging and thought-provoking.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Entertaining but I'm not sure that it warranted the box office record it earned (shrug).

Imogen Heap, "Speak for Yourself." I enjoy this CD very much--it's fun and different. [Why do you have to be so cute? ; ) ]

4 Comments:

At 7/19/2006 10:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like blogs because i can post things!

movies: dont have time
books: have less time
music: always have time: Palo Santo by Shearwater\

i miss you very much jen

 
At 7/21/2006 8:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Imogen heap is pretty much amazing.

-monica ;)

 
At 7/25/2006 6:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm this is odd b/c i never get to respond to the blogs that really bring something to light with me b/c i don't blog at all...

Books: Nothing amazingly new but, The Silver Chair by CS Lewis (reads best as book 4, not 6 of the Chronicles of Narnia)
Movies: other than Pirates: Dead Mans Chest... Cars (an amazingly pleasant surprise given the horrible trailers)
Music: Mute Math (http://www.myspace.com/mutemath) and Shawn McDonald 'Ripen'

 
At 7/30/2006 1:05 AM , Blogger Gadsby said...

Hey Jen! Wecome to the dark side.

Here's my "recent good stuff" entry:

Movie: Don't have much for you here. I liked Superman more than Pirates. Those are the only two I have seen in the last few months.

Book: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, by Jonathan Safran Foer

CD: Picaresque, by the Decemberists

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home