Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Dear Summer, Where hast thou gone?

I am most assuredly in denial that it is already August.

I have indulged in the freedom and lazy air of summer to such an extent that I am not sure how one ever comes out of such a state. But I trust God will give me the drive, strength, and fortitude necessary when the time comes.

The sermon at Harvest this Sunday was focused around a call to gratitude. It was a passionate and well-driven message. I wonder if I could ever be so passionate in speech as to work up a sweat as that man did? Hm... probably not. =)

But in response to his call, I will list a few things for which I am thankful at present:

1. God's patience
2. Mint green tea
3. Long conversations with friends about life and faith (preferably over a yummy cup of coffee)
4. Family: both in the concrete and abstract sense
5. Knowing that I get to drive home this Friday
6. Productive therapy sessions
7. Skirts and comfortable heeled shoes
8. Thunderstorms
9. My comfy bed
10. Seeing what a mess I am and knowing that it is ok (i.e., by Grace, of course)

I could continue, but 10 seems like a nice number for such a list.

Oh! Also, a big thank-you to all 4 of you who responded to my request for comments. And for those of you who read without saying "hello"... shame on you. I'll give you a second chance:

Leave me a list of things for which you are thankful!

1 Comments:

At 8/15/2006 3:48 PM , Blogger A Living Epistle said...

1) that I am saved by grace- cause God knows I couldn't have done it on my own.
2) for being a girl (thank you, Lord!)
3) for being able to be girlie and feel beautiful :)
4) for an abundance of blessings this past year
5)for world cup and starbucks
6) for the religious studies department
7)for Harvest Renewal Church
8) for the Church
9) for my life
10) for boys who dress up to church ;) ;) ;) hahahaha mmmm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home