Monday, January 28, 2008

Blogging Philosophy

I have not written anything in awhile because I am suddenly unsure for what I want to use this blog, and I feel the need to have at least some sort of intentionality. For whom am I writing? What do I want to tell them? What should I tell them? What shouldn't I tell them? Similar questions that halted my writing when I first created a blog.

Right now, I don't know the answers to these questions. So I may be back with random postings, or I may take some time reformulating this place. Feel free to share your thoughts on the matter. A writer likes to know what her readers think--at least this one does.

1 Comments:

At 1/28/2008 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think about that a good bit w/my own...it often just feels like an update on the minutia of my life or something ("hey, I took a shower this morning"), which feels silly... but i think i've settled that i'm writing for friends & family to keep in touch on a grander scale & to have a platform to share random tidbits of information that I feel helped me, thus could possibly aid others. Much like the "insignificant post" i read the other day, I've decided i'm not REALLY writing to the world, so it's ok it's lame most of the time. :)

b/c i'm self-centered that had nothing to do w/your blog, but i thought perhaps hearing another "philosophy" could give you ideas. I personally love getting a sneak peak at what Jen H. thinks about. So I'm self-centered & nosy. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home