Monday, October 02, 2006

Autumn Leaves

Enjoyed a pleasant escape this afternoon. I was only a few blocks from home and a few blocks from work... but it seriously felt like another world. I sat on a bench in the Lombardy children's park under a golden tree, blue sky above, and sunlight breaking through the leaves; small, adorable children wandering around and peering up at the solitary girl with curious eyes as their parents kept careful watch from a distance. So quiet, so peaceful, so carefree and pleasant. It was a delight watching as various mothers, grandmother's, and fathers brought their children to and from the park. What a delight having children must be. As a girl, I never felt the strong desire for motherhood that some experience, but I suddenly, within the past few months, have found my hope growing that I would know this unique joy someday. It truly fills me with wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home