Saturday, February 10, 2007

Shoes

I am absolutely the worst shoe-shopper ever.

I have been trying to buy shoes for probably 3-4 months now. Apparently none of the shoe designers in the world have my tastes in mind.

I am not sure why I am so particular about shoes. I think I must have some sort of distorted perspective on it.

I think some people like their feet to look small. I, on the other hand, feel like I need some bulk to my shoes to balance out the rest of me. (One of many reasons I need to lose 20 lbs, ha.) But I'm pretty sure that bulky shoes are out.

I know that high heels and pointy toes are in... I can't handle the pointy toe look even though I do think it looks cute on some people and with certain clothing. And I enjoy the look of a heel, but it's got to be comfortable and walkable... Where does such a shoe exist? In a fantasy land? Heh.

I'm in love with these shoes on the right. Reasonable heal, round toe, adorable. Practical? Not so sure. Unfortunately, they're not available on zappos and I have no idea where I could find them to try them on. But I am in love with them.

Meanwhile, I've purchased 3 pairs from ebay and 2 from Target that I fear all need to be sold/returned.

I bought some really cool dansko pumps on ebay that have a great 50's movie star look to them. Unfortunately, they kind of cut under the ankle and don't match my wardrobe, so I think they'll have to be pawned off to a more suitable owner.

Then there's another pair of danskos after the fashion of men's business shoes. They're somewhat cute and comfortable, but are on the edge of old-ladyish which is what has ultimately pushed me towards heels. Heels rarely look old-ladyish.

I do have a black pair of dansko pumps that I think I really like but unfortunately, they feel a whole size too big (even though they are the same size as the other two that do fit... go figure). So I am stuck deciding whether to sell them and maybe look for a smaller size on ebay (dansko no longer makes them), or try finding inserts to get them to fit.

And then tonight, after discovering the shoes above on the Victoria Secret website, I have found a whole new assortment of shoes to consider on zappos. What's a girl to do?

But I am thankful that I have a very kind and generous brother who provided me with a shoe fund this Christmas; I just hope I can put it to good use sooner rather than later! (Thanks, Joel!)

And that, friends, is my shoe story.

1 Comments:

At 10/18/2007 2:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!These shoes are damn good..have to get a pair for Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home