Monday, October 23, 2006

The Ministry of Reconciliation

I will not go into details, but I feel compelled to share with you that God has dropped me into the middle of a situation where I can do nothing but be a minister of reconciliation and it is absolutely amazing. I feel as though I am suddenly living for the first time, that an unopened corner of life has suddenly been opened to me, that a part of living I had heard of for so long that I had sought, prayed for, and desired is now being realized. And this is not to say that from here on out I will continue to live in this part of God's Kingdom, but let me just say that it is a beautiful and enlivening part of His house and I am fantastically grateful for the privilege of being used by God in this way. I am so undeserving but then He delights in using the undeserving, so it should be no surprise.

"All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." II Corinthians 5:18-21


It is difficult sometimes living as a citizen of God's kingdom when the reality of His kingdom is so hidden by the distractions of our world, the comforts and security of our society. And so it is refreshing to be in a situation where all of that is stripped away and I can see in someone else's life that God's kingdom is a reality and our only hope in a fallen and untrustworthy world.

I also wanted to comment on "Facing the Giants" since I saw it tonight, but I think that will have to wait. I would encourage you to go see it while it's in theaters right now though; it's not often you get to hear people praising God in the face of harship on the big screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home