Saturday, July 14, 2007

Familysick

I talked with my parents, two of my brothers, and my grandfather on the phone this morning. They're all out in Yellowstone National Park as part of the annual summer vacation out west.

Our family visited Yellowstone when I was 6. I seem to have vague memories of walking past bubbling mud stuff--possible even a memory of Old Faithful. So strange how you can have memories that you're not sure are real. Apparently I had a loose tooth on the trip, and I got mad because my dad kept wanting to video me wiggling it.
I had a really good childhood. I miss it. I miss my family and it makes me sad that we're hardly ever all together anymore. Some people say that's just part of growing up and yet it didn't used to be that way. When I talk with peers who live near their family but are not very close to them, it makes me wonder why I'm all the way up here--500 miles from home. I'm blessed to have family that I love to spend time with and so it seems a shame not to take advantage of that, you know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home