Wednesday, March 05, 2008

INFP or ISTJ?

Who am I?

Over the past year or so I've come to believe that I really don't have a very good idea of who I am.

Have you taken the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator? It's a fascinating framework, I think, for understanding people and learning more about yourself. But of course it can only go so far...

In high school, I tested as ISTJ. In college, I was suddenly INFP. Now I look at profile descriptions of both and feel like I have a split personality. I know with certainty that I am an introvert (we've already been over that, ha). But when it comes to all the other dimensions, I get lost.

Hm, here's a new way of looking at all of this that I hadn't heard before:

To the outside world, do I appear most:
logical
empathetic
concrete or
abstract?

If I had more readers, I'd take a poll. If you are reading this, let me know what you think. =)

3 Comments:

At 3/05/2008 7:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i vote empathic (others are there, but that's what i think comes across most).

 
At 3/08/2008 4:53 PM , Blogger Jen said...

I knew I could count on you for a vote, Jenn. =) Thanks.

Empathic implies that I'm INFJ, I believe. (Or ISFJ, but I'm pretty sure I tend more towards intuition than sensing.)

 
At 4/04/2008 2:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

empathic in thought, logical in practice.

abstract in thought, concrete in practice.

in other words, the answer's yes

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home