Monday, July 14, 2008

I'm still here =)

Sometimes I get in moods where I simply don't feel like writing. Either I feel I have no noteworthy thoughts or ponderings to put down or I have them and get tired at even the thought of trying to put them into words. So I don't write.

And then weeks pass and I think from time to time, "I should write something" only to find that it has been so long that it seems I should have something very poignant to break the silence. And when nothing poignant comes, I continue not to write. Why I feel this way, I am not sure.

So today, I decided to write even though I have nothing particularly noteworthy to say. Rather, since it has been awhile and there have been some changes in my life, I will simply comment on the day to day of this Fair Meadow of a girl. =) By the way, Jennifer Lee means "fair meadow" in case anyone was wondering...
  • I finally made my decision to quit graduate school and gave up on trying to finish my thesis. I'm not sure I ever explicitly explained that this was the decision I was making over the past few months, but there it is.
  • I have joined the 9-5 world, and I am loving it. I am the administrative assistant for Christ Community Church in Cobb County GA. I find all the simple tasks I accomplish every day extremely satisfying, and I get to work with a lot of fun people. And though some of my assignments may seem small, simple, even silly sometimes, I know that they are needed and that they are serving my God's kingdom and church, which brings me joy. And I feel competent at what I do, which may seem like a strange thing to say, but after the past couple years, you can't believe how great that feels.
  • I'm still dancing. I finished Ballroom I at Perimeter church, and enjoyed it for the most part... although I deeply miss my dancing guy friends in VA. It's just not as fun when you have to ask strangers to dance... and strangers that you don't particularly want to dance with in the first place, at that. I love dancing, and it seems like a small injustice that I should discover this while single.
  • I'm bowling again. You can sign up to get $1.29 game coupons from Brunswick once every other week, so I've been taking advantage of that. I went by myself the first time I used it, which I admit, is a little odd, but I enjoyed it. Last time I went with my friend Adam. And next I'm going with my brothers. =) If you wanna go bowling sometime, let me know. =)
There is more to say... but I have fears that this post is rather dull, heh, and it is already rather long. But now you know that I am still alive and doing rather well and perhaps will be back with something more poignant in days to come. ;-)

PS If you get a chance, you can check out another blog where I'm a contributer: www.reformandrevive.com.

1 Comments:

At 7/14/2008 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back. seeing as how i'm nosy, 'mundane updates' are thoroughly enjoyable for me. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home